The Best Puppy Chew Toys of ALL Time – 100% Guaranteed to Satisfy Teething Puppies
I am almost positive everyone reading this has been around a baby or two in their lifetime and knows how restless they can become while teething.
Puppies go through the same thing. The only difference is that they have much sharper teeth that can deal some significant damage to whatever they get ahold of.
Your puppy shouldn’t chew on the same baby teething ring you bought your nephew so don’t even think about it!
They will need their own set of chew toys made just for puppies. Trust me.
Make sure you pick some up, the last thing you want to happen is for your puppy to get ahold some expensive shoes, or worse.
Why Do Puppies Chew
Puppies chew for various reasons. The main reason being because the world is entirely new to them and they don’t have hands.
Yup, they don’t have hands like you and me.
Let’s talk about babies again for a moment. Have you ever noticed they always have something in their hands and mouth? Well, its because they are curious about the world around them.
Puppies don’t have hands to check out their world, so they use their mouths. Unfortunately for us, their mouth is full of razor-sharp teeth that will destroy anything in their path.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall – KONG Puppy Dog Toy
- Best Budget – KONG Puppy Goodie Bone with Rope Dog Toy
- Best for Teething – Nylabone Puppy Chew Teething Rings
Best Puppy Chew Toys
1. KONG Puppy Dog Toy
You can never go wrong with a Kong toy because they are nearly impossible to destroy, yet soft enough for your puppy to chew without any worries of broken teeth.
Not to mention, you can fill them with various things, such as treats, dog food, and liquid.
The ability to add water to a chew toy and freeze it will give it a cooling element to soothe sore gums.
You can even take it a step further and add chicken or beef broth for an extra treat!
KONG Puppy Dog Toy Features
- Designed for soothing teething puppies’ gums
- Veterinarian and trainer recommended for over 40 years
- Unpredictable bounce for energetic puppies
- Perfect for stuffing and freezing snacks
- Made in the USA
The Puppy KONG dog toy is perfect for teething puppies in every way. There are very few chew toys on the market that have been fully customized for a growing puppy’s baby teeth.
If you plan on crate training your puppy, I highly recommend purchasing the puppy KONG. You will be able to adequately stimulate their instinctual needs by providing them hours of entertainment.
2. Nylabone Puppy Chew Teething Rings
Hard nylon toys also make for an excellent choice because they are practically indestructible, yet soft enough to hold up to sharp puppy teeth.
Nylabone Puppy Chew Teething Rings Features
- Provides oral hygiene while soothing teething pain
- Discourages destructive chewing from an earlier age, while encourages positive chewing
- Different textures help soothe and clean teeth
- Designed specifically for teething puppies
Your puppy will thank you later for their Nylabone Teething Rings.
3. KONG Puppy Goodie Bone with Rope Dog Toy
Thick ropes make the ideal chew toys for soothing teething puppies because they really can sink their teeth into them to soothe their gums.
As an added benefit, you can also soak them in water and freeze them to give your puppy even more relief while teething.
Plus, once your puppy gets older, you will have the perfect tug-of-war toy!
It’s not recommended to play tug with young puppies until they have their adult teeth.
The Kong Puppy Goodie Bone with Rope will satisfy any need your puppy has.
KONG Puppy Goodie Bone with Rope Dog Toy Benefits
- Specialty created Soft puppy rubber formulated just for soothing a teething puppy
- Can be frozen and stuffed full of treats at the same time
- Provides hours of entertainment
- Can be used on dogs up to 9 months old
A dog’s early years matter the most. By providing physical and mental development, you are setting them up to succeed. KONG dog Toys offer this and more by encouraging healthy, instinctual play.
4. Starmark Everlasting Treat Bento Ball Dog Chew Toy
Treat toys are fantastic for teething puppies. It gives them a chance to be interactive and use their brain to solve a puzzle and receive a treat for positive reinforcement in the process.
Starmark Everlasting Treat Bento Ball Benefits
- You can use any treat you want inside the ball
- Provides hours of play with its Treat ball system
- Includes an edible chicken-flavored treat
- Dishwasher safe, latex and vinyl free
The Everlasting Treat Bento Ball has massaging nubs that will soothe your puppies’ gums as they chew away.
Puppies need a lot of mental stimulation and it just so happens that the Bento ball encourages natural hunting and foraging behaviors. The ideal toy for growing puppies.
5. Nylabone Healthy Edibles
Nylabone Healthy Edibles Benefits
- Made in the USA
- Promotes brain and eye development
- Vitamin and mineral enhanced formula
- No artificial flavors or colors
- Made with all-natural ingredients
Worst Puppy Teething Toys:
- Anything with foam stuffing.
- Rawhide edibles should never be given to puppies or older dogs for that matter.
- Thin rubber toys. These types of toys are notoriously dangerous for puppies and older dogs because they are a choking hazard
- Personal belongings should be strictly off-limits. You should never allow your puppy to chew on anything you own freely. Not only for health reasons but for behavioral purposes.
- Anything that has metal parts or hard plastic should bever be given to your puppy or a dog of any age. You are asking for broken teeth if you do.
- Giving a puppy plastic is a horrible idea, i.e., plastic water bottles.
- Home-cooked bones of any kind will splinter into tiny fragments that can damage the digestive tract or cause internal bleeding or choking.
Not all chew toys are made the same. There are a ton of cheaply made ones on the market that you need to be very cautious of before purchasing one for your beloved puppy.
Even with high-end chew toys, you ALWAYS want to keep a close eye on them while they play if possible.
For highly durable toys, check them for wear and tear every so often to ensure there is no loose chunks or fibers. You always want to make sure your puppy remains safe while playing with their chew toys.
Remember to always upgrade to adult dog toys when your puppy grows up!